RSS Facebook twitter

Fun With Son: Flying Into Spring – POSTPONED – to May 6th

Picture1Dear Cub Scout Parents and Leaders,

Leading up to large events at our Cub Adventure Camp, we closely watch the forecast.  Weather predictions for this weekend are not good, with up to 2 inches of rainfall expected.  It would be easy of us to say, “Well, that’s tough.  We’re still having Fun with Son, rain or shine.  Wear a raincoat.”

We’re not doing that.  We want our Cub Scouts and their families to have a great experience at our camp, and there’s no way we can deliver that in heavy rain.  We can’t operate our BB range or Archery range in the rain.  We would be limited to indoor programs in our dining hall.  With 600 people in attendance, that’s a no-go.

So, we are postponing our Flying into Spring Fun with Son event 2 weeks to May 6-7, 2017.  We fully understand that some families will be unable to attend this new date.  If you fall into that category, please email Cindy Morris at  by April 26 to get a full refund.  If the May 6-7 date works for your family, then you don’t need to do a thing…on April 27th, your registration will roll over to the new date.  Just show up on May 6th for a fun campout.

If you are dead-set on camping in the rain this weekend, the Cub Adventure Camp is still open to you…but there’s won’t be any program or food provided.  You’ll be on your own.  Tent campers should use the BALOO area.  Wear a raincoat…or two.  Stay dry out there.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we feel that the expected weather conditions for this Saturday and Sunday will make it impossible to provide our attendees with the quality program that they deserve.

Director of Field Service/COO for the Heart of Virginia Council, Richmond, VA. Previous positions include Director of Support Services, Finance Director, District Director, Senior District Executive and District Executive.